As I mentioned in class, you’ll want to use reputable and scholarly resources for your final paper. I’ve listed several categories of resources below, along with examples of each.
- Security experts, like Bruce Schneier
- Journalists that cover security and privacy, like Kashmir Hill and Nicole Perlroth
- News organizations with security coverage, like WIRED’s Threat Level blog
- Interest groups, like the Electronic Frontier Foundation, with the caveat that such groups have natural biases
- Official statements from companies, like Apple’s policy on government information requests
For more scholarly sources, check Google Scholar or the Vanderbilt Library’s Database Search. For the latter, I recommend selecting a subject (e.g. Business) and leaving the search field blank. For most subjects, you’ll receive a list of key databases for that subject. Open the database to search by keyword for articles relevant to your paper.