Your first midterm will be next Thursday, October 3rd, covering Unit 1 (Systems of Linear Equations) and Unit 2 (Matrix Algebra). You'll need to have access to some tool that can row reduce matrices, like Wolfram Alpha or certain graphing calculators. If you don't have access to such a tool, let me know as soon as possible. You'll also be allowed to bring one 3"x5" index card with notes (front and back).
Keep in mind that you'll have the chance to correct your midterm for up to 1/3 points back. If you score a 70 on the test, you'll be able to bring that up to an 80. I hope that takes the edge off your stress.
Here's my office hour schedule for the next week:
- 9/27 Friday 2-3 (CFT)
- 9/30 Monday 10:30-11:30 and 3-4 (CFT)
10/1 Tuesday 4-5 (CFT)
- 10/2 Wednesday 1:30-2:30 (CFT) and 4-5 (FGH 200)
Some resources for you to use as you study:
- Invertible Matrix Theorem (Unit 2 Version)
- Unit 1 and 2 Summary Chart (Completed)
- Unit 1 and 2 Clicker Questions
- Unit 1 and 2 Practice Problems
- Our Piazza Forum