Here's a checklist for the first week of class:
- Obtain a TurningPoint clicker. They come in several models, all of which (except for the very old infrared model) will do for this course. See your syllabus for information on purchasing a clicker. You're also welcome to borrow one from a friend, as long as you use the same clicker all semester long.
- Register your clicker on OAK. Pull up our course on OAK and click on Tools from the menu panel on the left. Then click on "Turning Technologies Registration Tool" and follow the instructions. Do your best to have your clicker registered by Thursday, August 29th.
- Your first problem set is due on Thursday, August 29th, as well. I'll post that here on the blog soon.
- Enroll in our course on Piazza. Visit our course page and follow the instructions.
- Read Section 1.1 (Systems of Linear Equations) in your textbook before class on Tuesday, August 27th. We'll work through the material in class, but I'll assume that you've had some exposure to it through your textbook ahead of time.
- (Optional:) Review the slides from the first day. We'll come back to all of these ideas again in the course, but in case I moved a little too fast for you, feel free to take another look.